Below are commonly asked questions regarding acceptable content for websites hosted with DeadlyServers. For more information, we recommend reviewing the Acceptable Use Policy under our Terms of Service.
Do you allow sites to advertise for money?
Yes, we allow sites to have commercial advertisements.
Can I use advertisement banners?
Static HTML banners are acceptable, but script-based banners are not allowed. These cause a high processor load and can crash the server, especially if the banner loads on many different pages.
Do you allow adult sites?
No we do not.
Examples of Unacceptable Material
Certain material is unacceptable and not allowed for all websites hosted with DeadlyServers, including but not limited to the following:
- IRC Scripts/Bots.
- IRCD (irc servers).
- Proxy Scripts/Anonymizers.
- Image Hosting Scripts (similar to Photobucket or Tinypic).
- AutoSurf/PTC/PTS/PPC sites.
- IP Scanners.
- Bruteforce Programs/Scripts/Applications.
- Mail Bombers/Spam Scripts.
- Banner-Ad services (commercial banner ad rotation).
- File Dump/Mirror Scripts (similar to rapidshare).
- Commercial Audio Streaming (more than one or two streams).
- Escrow/Bank Debentures.
- High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP) or Related Sites.
- Investment Sites (FOREX, E-Gold Exchange, Second Line/Linden Exchange, Ponzi, MLM/Pyramid Scheme).
- Sale of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s).
- Prime Banks Programs.
- Lottery/Gambling Sites.
- Hacker focused sites/archives/programs.
- Sites promoting illegal activities.
- Forums and/or websites that distribute or link to warez/pirated/illegal content.
- Bank Debentures/Bank Debenture Trading Programs.
- Fraudulent Sites (Including, but not limited to sites listed at aa419.org & escrow-fraud.com).
- Mailer Pro.
- Push button mail scripts.
- Broadcast or Streaming of Live Sporting Events (UFC, NASCAR, FIFA, NFL, MLB, NBA, WWE, WWF, etc).
- Tell A Friend Scripts.
- Anonymous or Bulk SMS Gateways.
- Bitcoin Miners.
- PayDay Loan Sites (including any site related to PayDay loans, PayDay loan affiliate programs, etc.).
More details regarding unacceptable material can be found in our Acceptable Use Policy.
Shared and Reseller Accounts
The following are not acceptable on DeadlyServers shared servers:
Storing files - Our shared servers are not for storing or archiving files, videos, mp3s or any other data. While we try to be flexible, use of a shared hosting account as a backup/storage device is not permissible.
Media streaming - We support HTTP streaming on shared servers; however, live streaming is not supported. (This is because an HTTP stream has a defined beginning and end. Live streaming joins in the middle of a broadcast.)